Are You a Candidate for a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising Strategy?
At Infinity Dental Web, our emphasis is on getting natural ranking results for our clients, and we have a reputation for leading the dental industry with our search engine optimization skills. While good SEO should be a foundation for effective internet marketing, there is a place for paid search. Here are three areas where you could consider using paid advertising to promote your practice.
- While the return on investment (ROI) for well-optimized organic search is very high (20 or 30:1), one of the disadvantages is that it is not immediate. It can take a year or two in highly competitive markets for an organic search strategy to mature due to the process of building trust on the web. While PPC is less efficient, with an expected 8 or 10:1 ROI, it yields immediate results.
- PPC can also be used to target geographic areas where you do not have an office location. Google knows where you are, and has made it difficult to rank organically for communities where you do not have an actual presence. If you want to rank in those locations, PPC will do that. We have clients who are using this strategy very effectively.
- PPC can also augment your organic search strategy by targeting a wider variety of search terms.
How PPC Works
A PPC ad shows up with the natural search results in a prominent position on the search results page. You will then pay Google each time someone clicks on that ad and ends up visiting your website.
Depending on the campaign, we may construct what is called a landing page for you—a page designed specifically for people clicking on your ad.
We manage all of this for you, sending you monthly reports explaining which keywords are working for you, trends for impressions, costs per click, click-through-rate, an analysis of the metrics and your return on investment (ROI). We charge you a management fee that is a percentage of what you are paying Google for the ads.
Before Investing in PPC Ads
Paid advertising is best combined with an effective website. If your website is out of date or doesn’t effectively represent your practice, we may advise upgrading your website before you spend much money paying to have people see it.
Other Online Paid Advertising Options
Paid search is only one of several options we offer for paid advertising online. Here are some other options you might want to consider:
- Online display advertising: Google runs an ad network that can place ads for your practice on other websites. One popular option is to use retargeting technology—having your ad appear to people who have already visited your website.
- Yelp ads: Infinity Dental Web is a Yelp-Certified Partner, and we can offer you discounted ads appearing on the Yelp website.
- Facebook ads: You can zero in on specific demographics with Facebook.